11 Fabulous Spring Living Room Ideas
I love spring, don’t you? The anticipation of light, airy decor, and pops of colors in our homes. I just found 11 fabulous spring living room ideas to inspire us all.
I’m always looking for inspiration for my home ~ ideas that spark my imagination and spur me to update our home. With these fabulous spring living room ideas, you will be ready to give your home a pretty new look.
What sparked this post on new spring living room ideas? I wanted some new ideas for my spring home decor, starting in our living room.
Do you wonder how to update your home for spring? Do you want ideas to freshen up your home for spring? These ideas will do just that.
Do you wonder when to decorate your home for spring? The answer is now.
11 Fabulous Spring Living Room Ideas
After spending the past few weeks focusing on Easter decor and decorations, I was ready to concentrate on simply spring decor, starting in our living room.
As usual, my first go~to was Pinterest. In the “old days” we browsed through magazines for inspiration. Today, we scroll through Pinteres to discover new ideas.
As I found new ideas, I realized a new Pinterest Board was needed. I created a new board, Spring Home Decor Ideas. Be sure to check it out and Pin the ideas you like.
So let me show you some beautiful ideas for spring living rooms that I found and would love to emulate.
As you browse through these photos, you will definitely see some patterns in the rooms that I was attracted to; that’s normal. If I were making a mood board, these ideas would be my inspiration:
- style ~ casual, but classic and traditional with a bit of modern
- light and airy
- color ~ blues and pinks
- patterns and textures
- white and neutral backgrounds
- foundation pieces ~ sofas and chairs ~ in white and neutral
- lots of flowers
- pretty accessories, but uncluttered
- natural woods
In each spring living room, I’ve pointed out the elements that I love about the space.
SPRING LIVING ROOM WITH BLUE ACCENTS
You will notice immediately that I love blue. Whether it’s in pillows, blankets or accessories, blue is a classic color that lends itself to any decor style.
This warm and inviting room from Stacey of Wilshire Collection includes several of the elements I mentioned as favorites:
- bright blue
- pop of yellow
- awesome patterns in checks
- natural woods ~ the mantel and coffee table
- neutrals in the drapes and sofa
- interesting accessories ~ framed mirror and sign
Ann of On Sutton Place is one of my favorite bloggers. She has a soft style that I love:
- bright blues in the side chair, plates, and quilts
- pop of aqua in the glass bottles
- natural woods in the furniture and baskets
- interesting accessories in the ladder and tall lamp sticks
- pattern in the rug
Bright white contrasts with the bright pops of blue in this living room from Kim of Sand and Sisal. I love the clean feel of this space.
- color and pattern in the pillows and rug
- simple styling on the bookcase
- pops of blue in the accessories
- natural wood on the mantel and the woven coffee table, baskets and floor
- interesting round white mirror
This spring living room with the shiplap walls from Kim of Kim Power Style has a very casual feel. It reminds me of a cottage by the lake.
- bright white walls, furniture
- casual white drapes
- natural light
- blue pillows
- wood in the coffee table and ladder
- texture in the woven rug
- open shelving for photographs
- metallics in the lamp and accessories
- flowers and a pop of green
- tray and books
This living room from Laura of The Turquoise Home was a casual and comfy feel with some farmhouse touches. What attracted me to this room was the placement of the chairs. Why not move them in front of the fireplace for the warmer months when the fireplace mostly will not be used?
- neutral sofa with patterned pillows
- natural elements in the chairs, blinds and wood “barrel” side table
- pattern on the drapes and in the blue rug
- farmhouse sign
- blue in the pitchers
- cozy throws
LET’S BRING IN THE PINK FOR SPRING
I’ve always thought of myself as a “pink” girl. You should see my closet in the spring and summer. These spring living rooms add beautiful touches of pink to blues.
I think I’ve found a color combination that I absolutely love.
Randi of Randi Garrett Design is one of my favorite designers. This living room is more formal and traditional. I love how she combined blues and pinks.
- white background
- architectural details
- soft blues on the ottoman, rug, and pillows
- dressmaker details on the pillows
- gold metallics mixed with blue accessories
- gold metallic on the light fixture
- bursts of pink in the flowers
- pattern in the accessories
Shabby chic is alive and well in this casual sunroom from Jen of Noting Grace. The loose slipcover beckons you to come and take a nap. I’m all in.
- woven wood shades and natural sisal rug
- green wreath
- casual white drapes and sofa
- buffalo check pink pillows!
- textured white pillows
- pink flowers in aqua vases
- chippy white coffee table
- books and beads
Here’s another example of how beautiful infusing pink into a room with primarily blue accessories works. I love how well Jennifer Maume created a classic, somewhat formal room for spring.
- white walls, sofa and drapes
- natural finish in the white stone fireplace and large planter
- chinoiserie accessories on the mantel and coffee table
- blue in the books
- blue pillows and rug
- pattern in the rug
- metallic gold on the coffee table, lamp, shelving, and fireplace screen
- pops of pink in the flowers and book
This spring living room has a decidedly more modern vibe than all the other rooms I was attracted to. I do like some mod mixed with classic for a touch of contrast and movement. Ceres of The Pink Dream has created an elegant and sophisticated space.
- white walls, drapes, and sofa
- woven rug
- modern art in shades of pink and blue
- leopard pillows and classic pillows with dressmaker detail trim
- metallic and glass coffee table and urn
- pink in flowers, books and sculpture
STRICTLY PINK IN THE LIVING ROOM
Pink is the prominent color in this spring living room from Summer Adams. It’s a clean look with some sparkle.
- white walls, sofa, drapes, and bookcase
- white rug with texture
- wood coffee table in grey tone
- gold metallics in chandelier and accessories
- pops of pink in flowers
- woven basket
- pink accessories ~ pink hat, slippers, pillows and throws ~ one with big pom~poms!
Lastly, this spring setting was actually the first one I found on my search. This scene from Christy of My Mountain Retreat has replaced blue with black. The pink had me at hello.
- comfy white sofa
- white chippy tray and coffee table
- black and white buffalo check on drapes, pillows and table
- white pitcher
- stenciled books (you know I love this!)
- tulip pillow
- pink tulips and pink throw
- sculptured container with pink (?) candle
Well, folks, that is my collection of spring living room ideas for you. I”m going to use a bit of this and that to style my own living room for spring and summer.
I’ll be back to show you what elements I used. Obviously, like all of us, I will have to work with what I have to make this space our own.
I hope that you enjoyed looking at all these fabulous spring living room spaces. Hopefully, you found one or two ideas to use.
Please PIN this post (do you have a Spring Decor board?) and visit these beautiful rooms.
These are perfect home decor ideas for the spring season. I enjoyed reading your post. Thankyou for sharing.
Posts like this are the best! Thanks.