10 Fabulous Finds is back for another week. It’s time for more fabulous finds for the home, crafts, and resources to inspire, entertain or inform you.
It’s the first week of September ~ actually, it’s Labor Day Weekend. Have a little extra time? Then enjoy reading about these 10 fabulous finds.
Labor Day is the closing bookend of summer. It’s the time we turn the page to a new season with new colors and iconic items, such as pumpkins, hay bales, and falling leaves.
I discover such fabulous finds for the home, crafts, and resources to inspire us. My goal is to help you find ideas for your home decor, your crafting, your home organization, and anything about home. I’ll throw in some good blogging information that I think will be beneficial to you.
Every day I add to my list of good things to share. New and wonderful ideas pop up in many places.
10 Fabulous Finds at Bluesky Browsing #4
I thought you might want to know how I don’t forget the fabulous finds for the home, crafts, and resources that I come across and keep track of them. It’s simple: I use NOTES on my iPhone/iMac. When I see a super~duper idea, I copy and paste the link into NOTES on whichever device I’m on.
When I’m ready to write this post, I scroll through my list and pick ones for the week. After I’ve shared it, I BOLD it, so I know I’ve shared it. Easy Peasy.
What’s up this Labor Day weekend?
This post contains affiliate links to products and resources you may love to have. If you should purchase anything from this site, I may be compensated, but you don’t pay a penny more.
ON THE BLOG FRONT
It was a regular blog work week. I shared some favorite DIY projects (updated, of course) and a brand new project. Two blog hops were all about fall decor.
- Oops, I didn’t get back to Mike Pearson’s Stupid Simple SEO course last week (This is an affiliate link.) I did read a couple of articles on SEO and Keyword Research. (See #4 below.)
- Another oops. I didn’t get back to Amy LeBlanc’s Scheduling Shortcuts. I can say that I continue to PIN using Amy’s stategy. I have it down now and it’s become my habit.
- I contacted BIg Scoots to set up a staging site while I switch from Genesis to Kadence and customized my new theme.
- I started paying attention to the information that the Keywords Everywhere Extension provides on Google. WOW! I decided to go one step further and purchase 100,000 credits for $10. This will give me more useful Information and I will probably not come close to using all the credits. I’ll let you know more as I learn how to use it.
- Here are the posts that I shared last week: 3 Quick Fall Crafts, Fall Leaf Art on Canvas, How to Make a Pumpkin and Floral Wreath , and 10 Fabulous Finds #3.
ON THE HOME FRONT
- I didn’t watch much of Virgin River this week. But Sweet Shark and I watched The Long, Hot Summer (Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward) and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor). Awesome classic movies with great actors and Tennessee Williams’ riviting story and characters.
- I freaked out last weekend when my DSLR was acting weird. I was scared to death, it was something major. I took it to the camera store (Competitive Cameras). They looked at it and said nothing was wrong with the camera or lens (Big sigh of relief!) It was my remote that was causing the problem. They also said not to use a remote with Bluetooth (my clicker wasn’t working anyway.); you get a much better connection with a plugin remote. $20 later I now have a new remote with two cords. One is two feet and I can add a four foot extension for a total of six feet. It’s awesome.
- I went to the eye specialist this week. It’s confirmed: my distance vision has gotten so bad that I’m now a candidate for cataract surgery. The first surgery is set for October 4th and the second for October 18th. I’m really excited to get this done. I hear that it will be amazing ~ seeing colors, no contacts, and much better night vision. I hope it will improve my tennis game. If you have had cataract surgery, I would love to hear about your experience.
- We are so enjoying our new backyard. It’s so much prettier and more enjoyable. We sit under the newly built patio with the ceiling fan on high in the evening and throw the ball to Nola. (A cold glass of Chardonnary may be envolved.) As soon as the sun goes down, we turn on the lights and it’s magical.
- I’ve added more fall decor since last week and tweeked a couple of things. Coming back from the camera store, I stopped at a couple of vintage stores and found a couple of cool things for fall. I’ll post them on my Instagram.
10 FABULOUS FINDS FOR THE HOME, CRAFTS AND RESOURCES TO SHARE
Here we go with Bluesky Browsing #4.
- I found these darling pillows for fall. What a great price and they are zippered and well~made. I haven’t yet decided where to put them.
2. Here are some really cool ideas for fall and Halloween decorating. I can’t believe I just typed H-A-L-L-L-O-W-E-E-N.
3. I just ordered these darling fall stencils from A Makers’ Studio. Can’t wait to use them. There’s more than just these designs to choose from.
4. Have you ever heard of Amazon Warehouse? Or am I the only clueless person on the planet? Anyway, here is the scoop.
5. I love appetizer parties. Little bites for guests to nibble on that do not require a fork. This Roast Beef Crostini looks so appetizing and sounds delicious.
6. Do you sew or use fabric in DIY projects? I discovered a new resource for wholesale fabric. I’m going to order new fabric for our patio furniture here. P.S. They are having a Labor Day Sale.
7. This super pretty fall decor in the kitchen. Here’s just the centerpiece, but you will want to see the entire kitchen.
8. Speaking of Sales: A Makers’ Studio is having 4 days of Labor Day sales. It started Friday and continues through Monday.
9. My email marketing service is MailerLite. They are always putting out great blogger resources. Here is a recent one about SEO ~ the subject we all love and hate. I never pass up a good article on SEO.
10. One of the coolest Dollar Tree hacks I’ve ever seen. This looks like an accessory you would find in a high~end home decor store.
I realized that I make so many projects using items from Dollar Tree and I Pin so many others’ that I created a new Pinterest Board ~ Dollar Tree Hacks. You are the first to know!
That’s a wrap for the fourth edition of Bluesky Browsing. What ideas would be helpful to you? I’d love to know the things that stop you in your tracks.
Are there any topics that you are especially interested in? Let me know in the comments and I’ll
search browse for them. Be sure to PIN to keep these ideas handy.
In between writing posts, taking courses, reading, and doing various blogging tasks, I’ll be browsing away.
Have a great weekend.