Lemon Balm Honeysuckle Cocktail
The inspiration came from the August 2011 issue of Bon Appetit, described as “summer air scented with honeysuckle and lemon balm.” That’s a fitting description. I remember as a young girl sipping out the nectar from the honeysuckle flowers that grew along one fence in our backyard. This drink evokes all those memories. I hope this cocktail will do the same for you.
Lemon~Balm Honeysuckle Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- glass for serving
- 6 lemon balm leaves
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1½ lemon juiced (about 3/4 ounce)
- 1½ ounces lemon~flavored vodka (Citron Absolut)
- Place the lemon balm, mint, honey and lemon juice in a small cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add the vodka and ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain and pour into your prettiest Old-Fashion glass. Garnish with lemon balm or mint leaves and add a lemon slice or twist.