Tuesday Turn About Link Party 60
Welcome to our Tuesday Turn About Link Party 60 ~ our first in August. We are so happy you’re here.
August is here. We love that you visit and share on Tuesday Turn About Link Party 60 every week. We really appreciate you coming to the party.
I’m been a busy girl this week. My older daughter and 2 granddaughters arrived on Thursday. I hadn’t seen them since Thanksgiving so you can bet that Cici shed a few tears when they arrived. We will all be heading back to Atlanta at the end of the week. I am so ready for a road trip.
I posted another Christmas decoration DIY to give anyone who is interested into early Christmas planning some ideas.
Here is last week’s TTA 59 you would like to visit again.
Tuesday Turn About Link Party 60
Carol’s Blogger Tip
I’m so excited. Tomorrow I begin a 6~week Mastermind course with Jillian and David Leslie of Catch My Party and MiloTree. I have already learned so much from Jillian’s Podcast, the Blogger Genius. David, the tech guru, is doing some behind the scenes work on my blog.
I thought I would share a tip from Jillian’s Podcast when David was a guest. The topic was SITE SPEED. We all know how frustrating it is when sites load slowly. (Do I put in a load of laundry, give the kids a bath, start dinner?)
We certainly don’t want our sites to be slooow. How do you tell if your site is slow?
David recommends you decide. Have a reader’s point of view. Does your site seem slow? Do images load slowly? Does your site scroll slowly?
Here are a few best practices:
- Check your site both on desktop and mobile.
- Install a caching plugin, such as WP Rocket, on your site.
- Optimize your images with a plugin, such as SMUSH.
- Make sure you have Lazy Load installed on your site.
- Check that you don’t have plugins that duplicate workflow.
- If your host is super inexpensive, be sure that it is providing the speed you need.
TIP: Clear a post’s cache after each update.
Also, check your site speed with GTMetrix or Google Page Speed.
Now, let’s see what your hostesses have been up to this week.
Carol at Bluesky at Home
Citrus~Inspired Summer Centerpiece | Wood~Slice DIY Wreath |
How to Style a Christmas Tree 3 Ways
Michelle at Thistle Key Lane
Blueberry Lemon Sorbet Recipe | Easy Fall Tablescape
Julie at My Wee Abode
How to Prep Cabinets for an Amazing Paint Finish
Tuesday Turn About Link Party 60 Features
This is such a breath~of~fresh~air centerpiece from Paula of Virginia Sweet Pea. The addition of lemons provides a luscious pop of yellow.
Isn’t this a beautiful plate? It’s decoupage! This one from Barbara of Mantle and Table is a different approach. This is another project that I am going to make very soon.
Don’t we all love gingham? Can you guess that Laura of Everyday Edits used to make this cute art work for her daughter’s room? You’ll never guess.
Be sure to visit Julie and Michelle to see their features.
PLEASE VISIT YOUR HOSTESSES ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SAY HI
My Wee Abode: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Thistle Key Lane: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Bluesky at Home: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and PIN from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t copy your image, we can’t feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Hi Carol! Thank you so much for featuring my decoupage salad plate! I can’t wait to see what you make with the technique! 🙂
I’m so happy for you, seeing your family – how wonderful! And thanks for the website tips. There’s still so much I need to learn! Thanks again and Happy Tuesday!
Hi Carol! Wow, you continue to impress me with all your techy knowledge and blogging tips, thanks so much for sharing and hosting this party every week!
Thanks so much for hosting each week!! Stay safe, healthy, happy!!
Thank you Carol for the feature! Seriously! Thank you! I do love gingham.
i’ll be back to link up later! laura
So excited you have the chance to spend time with your family Carol! I know it’s a huge deal especially with everything going on this year. Enjoy! Hugs, CoCo
I need a David on speed dial! LOL Thanks for hosting, Carol, and enjoy your family time 🙂
Thank you so much for the website tips Carol. I’m so glad you were able to have some family time this summer. I so appreciate you hosting!
Comments are closed.