Welcome to Tuesday Turn About Link Party 58. We are so happy you’re here.
Thank you for helping Tuesday Turn About Link Party 58 grow every week. We really appreciate you coming to the party.
As you might remember, Julie, Michelle and I attended the virtual Haven Conference last Thursday ~ Saturday. Julie and I also served as mentors, which was a new experience. I loved bringing together a very small group of “mentees” for discussion and support.
What are my impressions of Haven gone virtual?
Well, it’s not like being together with 400 other bloggers in real life. No hugs, no sitting around the hotel lobby sharing little tidbits and insights and how~to’s that are best~learned one~on~one.
BUT. . . it was obvious that the Haven team worked very hard to make this a successful conference.
Here is last week’s TTA 57 if you would like to visit again.
Tuesday Turn About Link Party 58
Carol’s Blogger Tip
This isn’t a tip I learned at Haven, but one I just starting use on my own. Call It: Edit on Mobile.
As you know, how a blog post looks on mobile is very different from how it looks on a desktop. Posts should be optimized to be clear for readers on both platforms. I have learned to not only edit my posts on my computer, but to also edit on my iPhone.
After I have finished editing on my computer, I SAVE my draft and then OPEN IT on my phone. It’s amazing how different a post looks. I also notice typos more easily.
Another thing I look for on mobile is paragraph length. Paragraphs on a computer look like way too much text on mobile. I divide paragraphs into no more than 3 sentences and sometimes just 2 sentences.
Another thing I look for on mobile are places to add bullet points. Bullet lists are much easier for readers to read and scan. It’s good for SEO too.
For example, in my post yesterday, one paragraph started like this:
Place about half the cucumbers, tomatillos, onion, poblano, and all the garlic in the blender jar. Add all the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, parsley, and cilantro into your blender. Blend on high until the ingredients are mostly puréed. Add the remaining cucumbers, tomatillos, onion, and poblano to the blender and blender on high until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
I realized that was way too much text in one paragraph. Converting the paragraph to a bullet list is much easier to read.
Here’s the easy part:
- Place about half the cucumbers, tomatillos, onion, poblano, and all the garlic in the blender jar.
- Add all the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, parsley, and cilantro into your blender.
- Blend on high until the ingredients are mostly puréed.
- Add the remaining cucumbers, tomatillos, onion, and poblano to the blender and blender on high until very smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
So my tip is: edit one time in mobile before scheduling your post.
Let’s see what your hostesses have been up to this week.
Michelle at Thistle Key Lane
Julie at My Wee Abode
Let’s take a look at our Tuesday Turn About Link Party 58 Features.
Don’t you love crates and baskets? Rescuing them and repurposing them is even better. Lora of Lora B. Create and Ponder shows you several ways to update these vintage items.
I love finding out about new DIY products for new projects. Kristin of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia made this gorgeous stone vase with textured spray paint.
Wouldn’t we love to give our master bedrooms a total makeover? That’s what Candace of Unfolding Beautiful did for the One Room Challenge. What a lovely space.
PLEASE VISIT YOUR HOSTESSES ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SAY HI
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR GUIDELINES:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and PIN from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t copy your image, we can’t feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
LET’S GET STARTED LINKING UP!!