Delicious Peach Clafouti
- Yield: 8 ~ 10
- Category: Fruit, Dessert
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh peaches
- 2/3 cups all`purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart gratin dish or deep~dish pie plate.
- Arrange the fresh peaches, cut side up in the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the flour, 1 1/4 cups of the cream, the granulated sugar, the eggs and salt. Process on high, until well mixed, scraping down the mixture to eliminate pockets of flour.
- Pour the batter over the fruit. The fruit may be covered, but it will rise to the surface during baking. Sprinkle the top with the almonds.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven until the top is golden brown and the batter is slightly firm to the touch, abut 25 ~ 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dish to a rack and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form; add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until firm.
- Spoon the clafouti into individual plates or bowls and top with a dollop of the whipped cream.